Getting started with the Dialog Manager API
Welcome to Voiceflow
Voiceflow is the industry leading conversation design tool for teams to design, prototype and launch voice, messaging & chat assistants.
Here, you have access to our growing collection of guides, tutorials and reference docs to learn throughout the conversation lifecycle, from interacting with the Dialog Manager API or connecting with a custom NLU/NLP.
- Creator Tool Guides: If you're just getting started with Voiceflow, check out our Creator docs here
- API Reference: Just want details on the API? Then jump over to our API reference page
- Community: Please make sure to join our community to ask questions and be inspired by others building conversations.
With the Dialog Manager API, you can efficiently integrate your conversation designs into a production-ready client app or messaging channel.
By the end of this guide, we will have connected our conversation design to a simple web page and an app.
Before you start with the Dialog Manager API, you need to create a project on your Voiceflow workspace.
Need help? Access a number of prebuilt templates from our Template Library.
Clone the starter pack
Download the API Examples repo found here to access a variety of prebuilt API examples, including Node.js, Python, Rust and HTML.
We'll need to access the
Project API key for the design we want to connect into our app. To obtain the API Key:
- Open the project you want
- Select on the Integrations tab (shortcut:
- Copy the
Dialog API Key
Open up the API Examples pack in your favourite code editor.
HTML and JQuery
index.htmlwith your API Key.
- Open index.html on any browser to start your chat!
- If you do not have node, install Node.js and npm from nodejs.org, or follow an equivalent guide.
- In this folder, run
index.jswith your Dialog Manager API Key.
npmstart to start your chat!
$ npm start > What is your name?: tyler what can I do for you? ... > Say something: send email who is the recipient? ... > Say something: [email protected] what is the title of your email? ... > Say something: How was your day? sending the email for [email protected] called "How was your day?". Is that correct? ... > Say something: yes successfully sent the email for [email protected] called "How was your day?" The end! Start me again with `npm start`
Dialog Manager API Examples
Updated 7 months ago
More details on our Dialog Manager API: